Monday, September 18, 2006

SKYPE

To my students:

I would like to draw your attention to another good way of getting in touch with me. Some of you might have heard of a service called Skype. You can find it on http://www.skype.com/

Skype allows free computer to computer communication. All you need is to download the programme and install it on your computer (not an option for those using office pcs) and get yourself a headset with a mic. If you have a webcam you can even use that to see the other person (although not me as I use a Mac and Skype has not developed that possibility yet). This is a free alternative to using phones.

I have posted my Skype id in the discussion board on the VLE.

For those of you using Windows there is also something called VOIPStunt (google it to get the url). This allows you to make free phone calls to landlines in many countries around the world.

No comments: